TRAVEL RESERVATIONS MADE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DEPARTURE TIME/DATE OR ON THE DAY OF TRAVEL CAN NOT BE GUARANTEED
* All prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$) and include Goods & Service Tax (GST). All prices are capacity controlled and subject to change. If the fare you requested is unavailable you will be contacted via the details provided in your booking and offered the alternative fare or the opportunity to cancel your request without penalty.
* Rail New Zealand has obtained some live API feeds on selected products. Ferry bookings are live bookings and therefore instant confirmations are provided. Other services are on a request basis and will be processed manually. Bookings are not confirmed until you receive a travel voucher clearly confirming all journeys with an applicable confirmation number.
* A 2.4% fee is automatically added for all payments made via credit card at the time of check out.
* Bus Cancellations - One (1) free date change subject to availability and price increase, thereafter $10 fee per person per amendment. Refundable up to 72 hrs or 3 days of travel less a $10 cancellation fee per person. Non-Refundable or amendable within 72 hrs or 3 days of travel date.
* Train Cancellations:
Scenic Fare - Fully flexible, with unlimited free date changes up to 7 days before travel subject to availability of the original fare paid. Refundable up to 72 hrs or 3 days of travel less a $30 cancellation fee per person. Non-Refundable or amendable within 72 hrs or 3 days of travel date. All fares are non-transferable. Stopovers can be booked 3 days before departure within 7 days from the original travel date (hop off and visit towns and places of interest en route) for $10 per person.
Scenic Plus Fare - One (1) date amendment is permitted per booking. Refundable outside of 7 days of travel less a $30 cancellation fee per person. Refundable if cancelled within 7 days of travel less $130 per person. Non-Refundable or amendable within 72 hrs or 3 days of travel. $50 per person charge to change travel date within 7 days outside 72 hours prior to departure. All fares are non-transferable. Stopovers can be booked 3 days before departure within 7 days from the original travel date (hop off and visit towns and places of interest en route) for $10 per person.
* Ferry Cancellations - Fare is refundable less a 10% processing fee within 72 hours prior to departure, within 72 hours fares are nonrefundable. Subject to availability, you can change sailings, provided you advise us 72 hours prior to your departure. No refunds or changes are allowed after your final check-in time.
* Rail/Bus Passes - All bookings, amendments, or cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before departure time for bus/coach/train/ferry travel. Cancellation of any travel sector/s must be made 72 hours before departure time and the unused time will be credited back to your Pass. Your Pass is non-refundable once travel sectors have been booked and confirmed. Your Pass does not include any bus/coach travel on local suburban bus services in New Zealand's major centers or any airport-to-city bus services. Your Pass is refundable less $100 per person if no sector/itinerary has been booked and confirmed.
* Travel Packages are subject to availability and we have the right to amend hotels if necessary. Travel Packages are non refundable.
* All reservations and the issuance of an 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' for travel on any regional or long distance bus/coach service and/or tour is subject to the terms of the Operator's Conditions of Carriage and Terms and Conditions of the fare that has been booked.
* Any 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' must be available for inspection by the bus/coach driver on the day of travel. Failure to have an 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' available for inspection, may result in your travel plans being disrupted.
* The Issuance of your train 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' and/or the Operator/s of the bus/coach and/or ferry service and/or tour that has been booked for, are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by passengers as a result of the failure of the service to operate or depart or arrive at the scheduled time or location or any other disruptions to the service due to operational requirements or from the forces of nature.
* Any dispute/s concerning your reservation comes under New Zealand law and is to be heard in a New Zealand Court of Law between yourself and the operator of the bus/coach or ferry service that has been booked for and travelled.
* Payment is by a Visa/Mastercard credit, debit, reloadable prepaid card or travel card for all travel routes.
* All refunds are processed back to the original Visa/Mastercard card that was used to pay for your train/ferry travel. Refunds to another Visa/Mastercard or 'Electronic' payment card or for cash is NOT allowed.
* Visa and Mastercard payments are processed by 'International Rail/International Travel' or 'Railbus International'.
* Bus, tour and some train fares e-vouchers are issued by Travelcom Mount Ltd, being an authorised/accredited ticketing/reservation agents of InterCity Group Ltd, trading as Newmans Coachlines, InterCity Coachlines, Grayline and Great Sights or bus/coach/transport operators under contract to InterCity Group Ltd.
* All train e-vouchers are issued by International Rail Ltd or train e-ticket/itineraries are issued by Travelcom Mount Ltd being authorised/accredited ticketing/reservation agents Great Journeys of New Zealand - a trading division of Kiwirail Ltd.
* By clicking the I agree to the Terms and Conditions, you accept these Terms and Conditions of your reservation/s and the Conditions of the Carriage of the Operator of the bus/coach service, tour and/or ferry service/s that has been booked for. Your email address and name will be added to our mailing list, if you do not wish to remain on our mailing list, please unsubscribe from the link on the newsletter or contact us directly.